Wednesday, May 1, 2013


Today is the first day of Bike to Work month. See more information from the League of American Wheelman. Bike to Work Week is May 13-17 and Bike to Work Day is Friday, May 17. Bike to School Day is May 8. The share of Americans commuting by bike has grown by 47 percent since 2000 this is really driven by  Bicycle Friendly Communities which have more than doubled their bike commuter share since 2000.
When I look at the list, I know I have been living in the right places, there are only three platinum bike communities, Portland, OR, Davis, CA and Boulder CO. The other places I have lived Eugene and Corvallis are gold, Sacramento only silver :-(We have some work to do in Sacramento but I still think we have the best urban bike path in the country with the American River Trail.  Lots of events in the local area include  I’ll be logging my miles, http://www.mayisbikemonth.com/ I’m told these miles are used to help justify funds for bike programs. I'll let you know how I do. 



No comments:

Post a Comment