Saturday, March 23, 2013

My first training ride with Team Kaiser Thrive for NCAC

So, a week and a half ago Sarah and I showed up for our first ride with our uber-orgainized team. I'm used to the Monsanto Mavericks, where we show up, decide where to ride and fend for ourselves. So imagine my shock and awe when I realize this group has printed maps, and full SAG support for a 38 mile training ride...Wow!

We start in Folsom so I know I'm in for a nice ride, oaks and foothills, I'm all in. We have a beautiful spring ride through the foothills between Aubrurn and Folsom, with Jason our team leader lapping us on the big hills.

On the last 10 miles back to folsom, Jason our fearless leader, says he needs to take off quick to make it back for a family hike, so he spilts on down the road. Tara, the ride organizer challenges a few of us to chase him down, this is what I call fun; 3 person chase team after a solo breakaway.  We catch him after a long chase a couple of miles from Folsom. When he sees us he looks back, gives me one of those Lance Armstrong "the look" moves and takes off on me. I'm done chasing so I circle back and ride in with Sarah.

I'm going to like this team, 

No comments:

Post a Comment